Reservation Rental Agreement
RENTAL RATE INCLUDES:
Property rental: maximum amount of guest’s are 4-6 people for a 2 bedroom and 6-8 people for a 3 bedroom property.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES/NOT INCLUDED:
The rental rate does not include security/damage deposit, transfers, baggage handling, maid service, chef service, food, beverages, personal laundry service, extra person charges, excessive out-cleaning charges or any other items or services not specifically listed in this agreement.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION:
$69.00 Damage Protection
As a part of your stay, you are required to purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of [Policy Limit]. Any damages that exceed [Policy Limit] or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3, 000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Kohala Coast Properties Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage.
VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE:
Select one: ___ Add Travel Insurance (6.95%) Or ____No thanks. I understand that I may be responsible for cancellation costs.
CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. If you do not elect coverage, you acknowledge you have read and understand our cancellation policy and choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Insurance on behalf of all occupants. Insurance cannot be added after a potential loss or after final payment. Separate CSA terms and conditions apply, please read your policy and contact CSA with questions.
RESERVATIONS & PAYMENTS:
A reservation is being held for the dates specified above. We must receive a signed copy of this completed Rental Agreement, and the applicable deposit/payment, by the date shown below or the reservation will automatically be canceled. We must receive the $500 credit card authorization and deposit and 50% of rental amount within seven business days by a check, or credit card. Reservations require 50% due upon booking and the remaining balance due 60 days prior to arrival. Reservations made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment of all charges within 7 days of booking. The accounting and payment
GENERAL TERMS, RESTRICTIONS & DISCLOSURES:
The general terms, conditions and disclosures in which apply to this property include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All beaches in Hawaii are public; there are no privately owned beaches. Private property begins at the high tide mark or at the commencement of the vegetation line.
- Ocean swimming has certain inherent risks. Wave and current conditions and dangerous sea creatures vary from area to area, day to day and season to season. Always check ocean conditions with the local authorities prior to swimming. Never turn your back to the ocean and never swim alone. Risk and responsibility for ocean swimming rests solely and completely on occupants and guests; lifeguards are not provided.
- Supervise children very carefully and keep all doors and gates leading to pool area locked. Use of the pool facilities is at guest own risk; lifeguards are not provided.
- Parties, weddings, receptions, and other such functions which draw additional neighborhood traffic are not permitted at this property.
- Much of the island of Hawaii is located in a tsunami inundation zone; June through October is considered hurricane season, some of the resorts do not have tsunami sirens. Please stay tuned to local radio or news if there happens to be an earthquake in another country or on the mainland. The evacuation zone is in the Waikoloa Village or Waimea.
- We are located in a tropical environment, even with diligent pest control, properties will tend to have a modicum of bugs, ants and geckos.
- Guest has been, or is hereby, offered the opportunity personally, or via a designee, to inspect this property prior to rental.
- This is a NO SMOKING property, please see designated areas in the association. The main renter will be responsible for their guest with a contravention penalty of $250.00. Violation of this policy will result in a minimum additional cleaning fee of $500 and eviction from property for remainder of stay. No refunds will be given.
- No pets are allowed on premises. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in additional cleaning fees to be assessed, as well as eviction from property. No refunds will be given.
- Property Rental/Occupancy – CHECK OUT is at 11:00 am and CHECK IN is at 3pm. Cleaners will be arriving as early as 11:00 A.M. Checking out later than 11:00 am without prior approval will incur a $35 per hour billed to your credit card on file. We are unable to accommodate Early Arrivals or Late Departures due to back to back bookings. If you require a stay past 11:00 am or have a late flight, please arrange for an additional night and contact our reservationist to make this arrangement.
- Please leave all keys, gate opener, beach access cards (if applicable) on kitchen counter to avoid $250 fee to re-key and $75 garage door opener replacement fee.
- Initial supplies provided: 1 paper towel, 3 back up toilet paper, start-up laundry soap and dish soap. There will be a $50.00 delivery charge for any additional items requested that is not provided in the unit. (If applicable)
- Turn OFF A/C, lights, and close windows and lock doors when you are not occupying the condo, we will not be responsible for theft.
- Please notify Property Manager immediately if there is anything broken or damaged.
- Lost and Found – unclaimed items will be held for 7 days, after 7 days items will be donated or discarded. We will be happy to ship items to you for a $25 handling fee plus cost of postage.
61+Days is a $200 Cancellation Fee and Admin Fee.
60 Days and less prior to scheduled arrival will be a full forfeiture, unless the property is rented to fill the cancellation.
*Full Forfeiture: Refunds on any forfeiture will be issued to the extent of the dollar value the unit(s) is re-rented during the same dates as the cancelled reservation.
No refunds will be made for late check-ins; early check-outs, no-shows or for booked but unused services, and also including unforeseen events, such as illness, death, natural disaster, national emergencies, government proclamation, restriction upon travel or transportation, acts of God and Nature. CSA Vacation Rental Insurance is available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Please take advantage of this program to protect your investment.
Refunds will be made only under the following circumstances: 1.) The property rented becomes unfit for habitation and no acceptable substitute can be found; or, 2.) The property is sold by Owner, and no acceptable substitution is agreed upon.
ACCEPTANCE & PAYMENT TERMS:
You must sign this Agreement and make your required payment within 24 hours to avoid cancellation. Once your signed agreement and your deposit or full rental fee are received, a confirmation will be issued to you. If you do not receive a confirmation this does not void this agreement.
If your required payment is a deposit, the balance of your full payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement date of your rental period. By authorizing a deposit payment via credit card, you are also authorizing the same credit card to be charged for the balance of the total charges 60 days prior to the check in date of your rental period. This additional authorization shall be exactly as though you have presented the card number for payment at the time the balance becomes due. If you book your rental less than 60 days in advance of your stay, we will charge your full payment immediately by credit card. If the card will not process, you will be liable for the remaining balance due and authorize us to charge your credit card account on file, exactly as though you have presented the card number for payment at that time, until your outstanding balance is satisfied. Once we receive your payment in full, as a courtesy we will send you, by e-mail, a confirmation notice to confirm receipt of payment.
A Customer who refuses to use services contracted for forfeits any and all collected money, except the Customer’s security deposit and cleaning fee (if applicable). The security deposit and pre-paid cleaning fee are not part of the initial deposit to hold the rental. The security deposit and pre-paid cleaning fee (if applicable) are included in the balance payment, therefore, the initial deposit will be forfeited if you refuse to fulfill your scheduled stay after confirmation of booking.
Under no circumstances shall Customer be able to determine if a rental unit is unfit for habitation. If you as Customer forfeit your right to services contracted for, and Property Manager is able to re-book the property at the same rate, you will be issued a pro-rata refund for those dates re-booked. All refunds of rental service payments, whether complete or pro-rata, will be subject to a deduction equal to as much as 15% of deposit(s) paid. Customer shall give Property Manager, twenty four (24) hours to clean the rental that you might deem dirty upon check in. Customer also gives Property Manager, twenty four (24) hours to address any allegations that bugs or pests are in the rental. Ultimately, in order for you to claim the premises are unacceptable due to issues of cleanliness or bug/pest infestation, you must obtain a third-party opinion letter within forty eight (48) hours of arrival, (from a professional not staying in the rental that has physically witnessed the issue) to corroborate any allegations of poor quality services or accommodations.
Please be further advised that Property Manager is not responsible for construction or neighbor noise, as these are risks that are inherent when renting a vacation rental. We are unable to control these factors, and this agreement shall remain in full force and effect regardless of these issues. There shall be no cancellation for construction noise or for neighbor issues of any kind. To protect against cancellations caused by certain unforeseen events, such as illness, we recommend that customers purchase travel insurance to assure refund of deposits paid. As a valued Customer, we want to do everything possible to make your trip is enjoyable and worry free. Since the unforeseen and unexpected can occur before you leave or when you are away from home, we recommend (but do not require) CSA’s Guest Cancellation Insurance Plan. For more information on what this insurance covers please visit https://www.csatravelprotection.com/welcome.do
Kohala Coast Properties, Inc., or its employees, subagents or assigns, (hereafter jointly and severally referred to as Agent) acts only as a marketing agent for the property Owner, and other suppliers providing accommodations, property management, and guest services. Agent does not own or manage any property offered for rental and does not exercise control over or have direct supervision of the respective owners, managers or service providers. If accommodations or services must be substituted for any reason, Agent, Owner and Manager will act in good faith and use their best efforts to substitute accommodations or services of a type comparable to those originally contracted and that are acceptable to Guest(s). Agent, Owner or Manager, upon just cause, reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service(s) to any person(s) and/or to rescind any contract for accommodations or guest services.
INDEMNIFICATION & RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
The undersigned Guests/Occupants understand and acknowledge that the Owner, Manager or Agent is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of Guest’s/Occupant’s personal property and that they bear the financial responsibility for the rental contracted for loss, damage or theft of guest’s, occupant’s and invitees’ personal property and for malicious, negligent or incidental damages to the property by any occupant(s), guest(s) or vendors(s) invited onto the property and are the only occupants with legal standing in any matter(s) of dispute or litigation which might arise pursuant to, or in consequence of, any accommodations or services provided or as substituted under the rental agreement. Guests/Occupants acknowledge and agree that Agent, Owner or Manager shall not be held liable for any loss, expense, damage or claim for injury whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise; whatsoever or howsoever caused or incurred; whether arising in contract
or otherwise in law or in equity as a result of the rendering or the services or accommodations as herein described or as substituted and including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the result of any delay(s), substitution(s), rescheduling(s) or change(s) in the provision of accommodations or services by Agent, Owner or Manager or by reason of military actions, revolution, acts of God, or by agents, employees, subcontractors, servants or third parties whatsoever in supplying any of the accommodations or services as described herein or as substituted.
Payment may be made in the form of check, bank draft, or credit card. We accept credit card payment via Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express. We cannot accept any foreign checks without a 9 digit routing number.
CHECKS MADE PAYABLE TO:
Kohala Coast Properties, Inc.
P. O. Box 2746
Kailua-Kona, HI 96745
I/We the undersigned hereby apply for rental of the above-referenced property and warrant that I/we have read, understand and agree to the disclosures and the terms and conditions of rental set forth herein. I/We further understand that the Owner’s and/or Property Manager offer to rent this property is conditioned upon guest(s) acceptance of the stated disclosures, terms, conditions, and house rules. A fax or e-mail transmittal of this Agreement shall be deemed to have the same standing as an original document.
We look forward to your stay and you can contact our reservationist on our toll-free # 1(800) 708-0043 or directly at 808-936-0615 or email at email@example.com
Ken and Alice Hughes
Kohala Coast Properties, Inc.
Congratulations on your vacation to Beautiful Hawaii! We look forward to providing you with the very best accommodation experience!!